From New York Times bestselling author Jennifer A. Nielsen comes a stunning thriller about a girl who must escape to freedom after the Berlin Wall divides her family between east and west.
With the rise of the Berlin Wall, twelve-year-old Gerta finds her family divided overnight. She, her mother, and her brother Fritz live on the eastern side, controlled by the Soviets. Her father and middle brother, who had gone west in search of work, cannot return home. Gerta knows it is dangerous to watch the wall, to think forbidden thoughts of freedom, yet she can't help herself. She sees the East German soldiers with their guns trained on their own citizens; she, her family, her neighbors and friends are prisoners in their own city.
But one day, while on her way to school, Gerta spots her father on a viewing platform on the western side, pantomiming a peculiar dance. Then, when she receives a mysterious drawing, Gerta puts two and two together and concludes that her father wants Gerta and Fritz to tunnel beneath the wall, out of East Berlin. However, if they are caught, the consequences will be deadly. No one can be trusted. Will Gerta and her family find their way to freedom?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- THERE WILL BE ONE WINNER, WINNING ONE ARC OF A NIGHT DIVIDED BY JENNIFER A. NIELSEN
- THIS GIVEAWAY IS OPEN INTERNATIONALLY.
- THIS GIVEAWAY IS OPEN FROM JULY 18, 2015 AT 12:01 AM PST TO AUGUST 1, 2015 AT 12:01 AM PST
- THIS GIVEAWAY IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, RAFFLECOPTER.
- ENTRANTS MAY NOT ENTER MULTIPLE TIMES BY USING DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS WITH THE SAME INFORMATION, DOING SO WILL BE GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION.
- YOU, THE PARTICIPANT/ENTRANT ARE PROVIDING INFORMATION TO ZACH'S YA REVIEWS AND NOT RAFFLECOPTER. THIS INFORMATION WILL NOT BE GIVEN TO THIRD PARTIES OR USED IN ANY WAY OTHER THAN TO ENTER YOU INTO THE GIVEAWAY AND TO LET THE WINNER KNOW THAT THEY HAVE WON.
- WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED BY THE E-MAIL SUPPLIED IN THE ENTRY FORM AND IF APPLICABLE VIA THE TWITTER SUPPLIED AS WELL - THE WINNER NEEDS TO BE IN CONTACT WITH ME IN SOME WAY WITHIN FORTY-EIGHT (48) HOURS OF THE WINNING EMAIL/ANNOUNCEMENT BEING SENT, OR, UNFORTUNATELY, THE PRIZE WILL BE GIVEN TO ANOTHER ENTRANT.
- I HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE RULES AT ANYTIME AND, IF NECESSARY, TO REVOKE THE WINNER'S PRIZE(S).